Kaiser, Don't Deny
Patients need access to timely and consistent mental health services
Suicide and Crisis Prevention Hotlines and Other Patient Resources
This page is also available in: Español
In an emergency or in need of immediate help, dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or by texting TALK to 741741.
Para personas que hablan español, llamen al 888-682-9454 para contactar el Lifeline.
For people who are deaf or hard of hearing, call the Lifeline at 800-799-4889.
- Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1.
- TEEN LINE for teen peer-to-peer support at 800-852-8336 or text TEEN to 839863.
- The Trevor Project for LGBTQ youth (under 25), call 866-488-7386 or text START to 678678.
- Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).
- Postpartum Support International Helpline at 1-800-944-4773(4PPD).
- National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673).
- The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-CHILD.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration HelpLine – 1-800-662-HELP (4357) 24/7 free, confidential treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and family members facing mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- COPLINE peer support for law enforcement personnel at 800-267-5463.
- Helpline for Fire/EMS personnel at 888-731-FIRE (3473).
- Institute on Aging Friendship Line at 1-800-971-0016. This is a 24-hour support line for people the age of 60 and older and adults living with disabilities.
- The Mental Health Coalition’s BIPOC Resource List
- Health Consumer Alliance at 1-888‑804‑3536 offers free assistance to people trying to get or maintain health coverage and resolve problems with their health plans.
- The Kennedy Forum’s “Racial Injustice & Mental Health” resource list
- The Kennedy Forum and NAMI’s Health Insurance Appeals Guide: A Consumer Guide for Filing Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder (MH/SUD) Appeals
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Overeaters Anonymous
- CalHope Warm Line at (833) 317-HOPE (4673) Covid-19 peer run warm line for emotional support for Covid-19 related stress.
- Peer Run Warm Line at Mental Health Association of San Francisco — 1-855-845-7415 is a non-crisis/non-emergency resource for anyone in California seeking emotional support via phone or webchat from counselors who are peers (people with lived experiences of mental health challenges).
- California Office of the Patient Advocate
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) California
- Mental Health America of California
- Disability Rights California at 1-800-776-5746 is a nonprofit legal services and advocacy organization serving people with disabilities.
- Mental Health and Autism Insurance Project is a California non-profit which assists families with children with autism spectrum disorders and/or mental health conditions to obtain medically necessary treatments through their health plans.