Kaiser, Don't Deny
Patients need access to consistent, reliable mental health services
Suicide and Crisis Prevention Hotlines and Other Patient Resources
In an emergency or in need of immediate help, dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or by texting TALK to 741741.
Para personas que hablan español, llamen al 888-682-9454 para contactar el Lifeline.
For people who are deaf or hard of hearing, call the Lifeline at 800-799-4889.
- Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1.
- TEEN LINE for teen peer-to-peer support at 800-852-8336 or text TEEN to 839863.
- The Trevor Project for LGBTQ youth (under 25), call 866-488-7386 or text START to 678678.
- Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.799.SAFE (7233).
- Postpartum Support International Helpline at 1-800-944-4773(4PPD).
- National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673).
- The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-CHILD.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration HelpLine – 1-800-662-HELP (4357) 24/7 free, confidential treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and family members facing mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- Peer Run Warm Line at Mental Health Association of San Francisco
- 1-855-845-7415 is a non-crisis/non-emergency resource for anyone in California seeking emotional support via phone or webchat from counselors who are peers (people with lived experiences of mental health challenges).
- CalHope Warm Line at (833) 317-HOPE (4673) Covid-19 peer run warm line for emotional support for Covid-19 related stress.
- COPLINE peer support for law enforcement personnel at 800-267-5463.
- Helpline for Fire/EMS personnel at 888-731-FIRE (3473).
- Institute on Aging Friendship Line at 1-800-971-0016. This is a 24-hour support line for people the age of 60 and older and adults living with disabilities.
- California Office of the Patient Advocate
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) California
- Mental Health America of California
- The Mental Health Coalition’s BIPOC Resource List
- Health Consumer Alliance at 1-888‑804‑3536 offers free assistance to people trying to get or maintain health coverage and resolve problems with their health plans.
- Disability Rights California at 1-800-776-5746 is a nonprofit legal services and advocacy organization serving people with disabilities.
- Mental Health and Autism Insurance Project is a California non-profit which assists families with children with autism spectrum disorders and/or mental health conditions to obtain medically necessary treatments through their health plans.
- The Kennedy Forum’s “Racial Injustice & Mental Health” resource list
- The Kennedy Forum and NAMI’s Health Insurance Appeals Guide: A Consumer Guide for Filing Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder (MH/SUD) Appeals
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Overeaters Anonymous