How Hospitals & Nursing Homes Have Benefitted From the Federal Stimulus
- Covid Money Tracker by Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget: Explore the data and track the trillions of dollars of federal spending, tax cuts, loans, grants, and subsidies authorized and disbursed in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and economic crisis.
- Washington Post: Nursing home companies accused of misusing federal money received hundreds of millions of dollars in pandemic relief (August, 4, 2020)
- Gaps in the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Law for Health Care Workers (June 17, 2020)
New research by the Kaiser Family Foundation estimated 17.7 million health-care workers are exempt from the emergency paid sick leave requirement in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Seventy-five percent of health workers excluded from the paid sick leave requirements are women, while 39% are people of color. A majority of these employees work in hospitals or nursing care facilities.
- Kaiser Family Foundation on the distribution of Cares Act funding among hospitals (May 13, 2020)
- NYT expose of wealthy health systems that got taxpayer bailout monies: “Wealthiest Hospitals Got Billions in Bailout for Struggling Health Providers” (May 25, 2020)
- Healthcare Dive on how much for profit hospitals have received: “Here’s how much for-profit hospitals have received in bailout funding so far” (May 26, 2020)
- COVID Stimulus Watch by Good Jobs First