Union Representative/Organizer – San Francisco Bay Area
About the Job
The National Union of Healthcare Workers (NUHW) is searching for a talented, hard-working individual committed to building a powerful and democratic union. The successful candidate for this position will have union experience, preferably in healthcare, organizing workers already represented under collective bargaining agreements. They will be values-driven, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Ability to motivate and lead workers in struggle
- Effective communication skills – listening, spoken and written
- Capacity to establish and cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- 2 year minimum experience in labor organizing or relevant field of organizing
- Proficiency in computer applications including Gmail, Word, Excel, and use of the Internet
- Willingness to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
- Must have a car, driver license, adequate insurance, and a cell phone with email capability
- Formal and informal negotiating skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $66,000-106,000
- $6,600 auto allowance
- Employer-paid medical and dental benefits for employee and family
- Life insurance for employee
- Holidays, sick leave, vacation
- HRA and FSA plans
- 401(k) with 14% employer contribution.
The National Union of Healthcare Workers is helping revitalize the labor movement with its commitment to worker empowerment and democratic ideals.
Founded in 2009, we have grown to represent more than 16,000 healthcare workers in hospitals, clinics, and county jails throughout California and Hawaii, including service, technical, professional, and home care workers, mental health clinicians, and nurses. NUHW members are leading the fight to improve patient care, raise living standards, and hold healthcare corporations accountable to their employees and the communities they serve. And NUHW-represented mental health clinicians are powerful advocates for ending the stigma surrounding mental illness and enforcing mental health parity rules so that patients get the treatment they need when they need it.
Learn more about NUHW and its values.
Apply for This Position
NUHW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply.
Please complete the following form.