CAREGIVERS SAY VOTE NO ON Ted Howze
Vote “NO” on Ted Howze
Even major Republican Party leaders have withdrawn their endorsements for Ted Howze because of his extreme rhetoric that makes Donald Trump’s pronouncements seem tame. Howze mocked a child who survived the Parkland high school shooting, and suggested Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) was “hitting the crack pipe too hard.” Howze clearly is not a person who should be in public office making decisions on vital legislation that impacts our healthcare.
CAREGIVERS SUPPORT Josh Harder
Healthcare workers strongly support Congressman Josh Harder for re-election to Congress.
Harder has fought to lower prescription drug prices, pull the brake on rising insurance rates, and make sure healthcare workers, and all of us, are protected in the COVID-19 pandemic.
The choice is clear – Josh Harder for Congress.
We can defeat COVID-19 and help Americans recover by taking these common-sense steps:
- Show our concern for each other and defeat the virus by wearing masks outside of our homes, washing hands often, maintaining physical distance, and staying home when we are sick.
- Dramatically expand COVID-19 testing and make it free so everyone has access to rapid results, and immediately expand our ability to reach out to people who have been in contact with individuals infected with COVID-19, so they can be tested and quarantine if necessary.
- Ensure there are adequate supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for medical personnel, first responders, and essential workers so they can safeguard their health and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in their workplaces and throughout the broader community.
- Provide paid sick leave to people infected with COVID-19 so they can stay home for all our safety, and provide paid family medical leave so people can stay home to care for sick relatives.
- Increase support for workers who have lost their jobs because of necessary closures so the burden of COVID-19 does not fall unfairly on just some members of the community, and create a “restart” fund for small businesses that have been forced to close or have laid off workers.
- Provide additional support for at-risk groups including seniors, people with disabilities, and individuals with underlying conditions, as may be necessary to keep them safe from infection.
- Make plans and supply resources so hospitals and specialty care units have adequate surge capacity to provide care for all who need it during the oncoming spike of COVID-19 infections.
- Plan for a rapid, safe, and fair roll-out of vaccines all across the country once they are available.
- Defeat all attempts to strip current protections for those who have pre-existing medical conditions (including COVID-19 diagnosis). Protect and expand access to affordable, quality health care for all – which is now more important than ever – including increased access to the mental health care and substance use treatment that so many of us need in this difficult time.
In this election, we have the opportunity to protect our own healthcare and the healthcare of our family, friends, and neighbors.
- Before you support any candidate, check their positions against this short list and make sure we elect leaders who will protect our health.
- Will they preserve and expand the Affordable Care Act to ensure quality healthcare for all — YES or NO?
- Will they protect patients with pre-existing conditions — YES or NO?
- Will they expand quality mental health and addiction services — YES or NO?
- Will they fight to lower the cost of prescription drugs — YES or NO?
- Do they take COVID-19 seriously enough to protect our health and our economy — YES or NO?
This is the most important election of our lifetimes — and the turnout could set records.
Be a part of history by casting your ballot.