LA LGBT Center contract ratification vote
When we voted to join NUHW in October 2019, we knew we wanted to raise our standards in our profession. Our three priorities were addressing recruitment, retention, and patient care needs. We wanted to build an organization that would give us the structure, skills, expertise, and power to win a fair contract.
Following our election, it took 11 months and nearly two dozen bargaining sessions to win our first contract. We have won:
- pay raises ranging from 9.3 to 15.8 percent over the next 18 months
- individual or triadic clinical supervision for unlicensed MSWs
- pathway for 15 percent increase upon licensure for MSWs
- $200/month bilingual pay differential
- $1,000-$2,5000 annual education reimbursement
- our existing benefits at no cost to staff for employee-only coverage
- a new Labor Management Committee to discuss and resolve workplace issues
- new union member rights such as union representation, grievance process, and Just Cause
See the summary of our tentative agreement here.
This victory is everyone’s victory. Everyone who voted to join the Union, attended bargaining and membership meetings, participated in actions like writing letters to the Board and sharing your Stories as Professional Staff — we won because of your action.
The Bargaining Team unanimously recommends a YES vote to approve the contract!