Psych-Social contract vote
Voting is closed
Voting to ratify our new contract ended at 9 p.m., on Friday, March 18. Results will be announced soon.
Summary of Tentative Agreement
Three-year contract. Effective within first full pay period following these dates:
- October 1, 2021 — 3% across-the-board increase — with Full Retroactivity
- October 1, 2022 — 2% across-the-board increase + for FT and PT employees 2% lump sum
- October 1, 2023 — 2% across-the-board increase + for FT and PT employees 2% lump sum
- 2022 performance metrics achieved, payable in 2023 — up to $5,000
- 2023 performance metrics achieved, payable in 2024 — up to $5,000
- 2024 performance metrics achieved, payable in 2025 — up to $5,000
Unlike bonuses that other unions have negotiated, our bonus is not contingent on Kaiser making a profit. And, unlike the bonus for UNAC and the Alliance unions, our bonus does not have metrics requiring us to help KP achieve cost cutting from our bargaining unit.
Student Loan Repayment Program:
Maintained current benefit amounts ($2,500 per year for Bachelors or Masters degrees; $5,000 per year for Doctoral degrees) and lowered eligibility requirement from 32 hours per week to 20 hours per week. Set a 6 week open enrollment period each year and no restrictions on when loan was incurred.
Starting next year, we will get Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a paid holiday. This new paid holiday is thanks to the efforts of our fellow NUHW members in Northern California, who authorized a strike earlier this year when Kaiser went back on its promise to grant them the King Holiday.
Retiree Medical Benefits:
Adding $10,000 to HRA account for retirees upon reaching age 85.
Alternate Compensation Program:
Changed language on holiday overtime to match language in body of contract.
- Shortened the evaluation period in which a transfer employee could be sent back to current position from 90 to 60 days.
- Increased the amount of time a transferred employee has the right to return to their former position from 30 to 60 days.
- Replaced subjective “demonstrated satisfactory job performance” with more objective criteria to determine eligibility for transfer.
- Put limits on multiple transfers by same employee in a single year.
Minor change in language related to employee(s) choosing to sever job sharing arrangement.
Work Stoppage & Grievance Arbitrability:
Employer agreed that grievances filed after contract ratification are still eligible for arbitration in exchange for us agreeing not to engage in a sympathy strike during the term of the new agreement.
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors, Associates and Psych-Socialworker job description:
Agreed to recognize LPCC as a license equivalent to LCSW and LMFT.
- Agreed to language for career track pre-licensed “associate” positions in Psychiatry and Addiction medicine.
- Agreed to modify job descriptions for Psych-Socialworkers to include 2 years of therapy experience within the last five years.
Per Diem Availability:
Established new per diem availability policy to be effective 90 days after ratification requiring per diems to be available on average one day per week.