About the Job
Emeryville, CA or Glendale, CA
The National Union of Healthcare Workers (NUHW) seeks an experienced Digital Organizer. This individual will play a key role in the union’s strategic contract campaigns, organizing efforts, and social media.
The Digital Organizer will report to the Communications Director and work across departments to implement and maintain digital organizing tools for contract campaigns, public awareness and marketing campaigns, and organizing drives.
About the Communications Department
Our growing communications team captures and amplifies the stories of NUHW members who are on the front lines fighting to better their lives and the lives of their patients and supports member contract campaigns and organizing campaigns. The team works collaboratively to craft compelling content that educates, inspires, engages, and pushes members and allies to take action.
- Take the lead on digital organizing efforts and manage our proliferating array of digital organizing tools, including NationBuilder, CallHub, Mobilize, CampaignNow, and others. Research and implement new tools as needed and keep up with trends and best practices.
- Play a major role in the union’s social media program, including devising and implementing campaigns, engaging with followers, advertising, and lead generation.
- Help develop and maintain social media accounts and campaigns for the union’s various bargaining units and work with and train union organizers to build engagement and reach out to prospective union members.
- At least three years’ experience with digital organizing tools including CRM and email and text platforms.
- Experience working with data systems, including the ability to convert data from various sources into preferred formats, extracting reports and data, and troubleshooting data-related problems.
- At least three years’ experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube and social media management tools on behalf of an organization, including fluency in performance metrics.
- Strong writing and editing skills, especially pertaining to social media and email.
- Creativity and the ability to generate ideas and execute them.
- Ability to manage workflow and to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- A passion for social justice and advocacy.
- Design, especially pertaining to social media, but also to print materials including leaflets, signs, and posters.
- Photography and photo editing.
- Fluency in a second language (ideally Spanish or Tagalog).
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $58,000 – $100,000 depending on experience
- Employer-paid medical and dental benefits for employee and family
- FSA and HRA plans
- Life insurance for employee
- Holidays, sick leave, vacation
- 401(k) with 14% employer contribution
The National Union of Healthcare Workers is helping revitalize the labor movement with its commitment to worker empowerment and democratic ideals.
Founded in 2009, we have grown to represent more than 15,000 mental health clinicians, nurses, nursing assistants, medical technicians, clerks, and service workers. NUHW members are leading the fight to improve patient care, raise living standards, and hold healthcare corporations accountable to their employees and the communities they serve. And NUHW-represented mental health clinicians are powerful advocates for ending the stigma surrounding mental illness and enforcing mental health parity rules so that patients get the treatment they need when they need it.
Learn more about NUHW and its values.
Apply for This Position
NUHW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply.
Please complete the following form.