External Organizing Coordinator – Southern California
The National Union of Healthcare Workers (NUHW) is searching for a talented, hard-working individual committed to building a powerful and democratic union. The successful candidate for this position will have union experience, preferably in healthcare, organizing non-union workers. This individual will be values-driven, self-motivated and resourceful.
The National Union of Healthcare Workers is helping revitalize the labor movement with its commitment to worker empowerment and democratic ideals.
Founded in 2009, we have grown to represent more than 14,000 mental health clinicians, nurses, nursing assistants, medical technicians, clerks, and service workers. NUHW members are leading the fight to improve patient care, raise living standards, and hold healthcare corporations accountable to their employees and the communities they serve. NUHW is an independent, member-led union, dedicated to improving the lives of healthcare workers and the people we care for. We are building a national movement of caregivers to hold healthcare corporations accountable to the public interest and to win affordable, quality healthcare for all.
- Ability to motivate and lead workers in struggle
- 5 year minimum experience in labor organizing
- Experience supervising and directing staff
- Experience running union recognition elections and developing campaign strategies
- Formal and informal negotiating skills
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Effective communication skills – listening, oral and written
- Capacity to establish and cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of labor law in areas such as NLRA, FLSA, Title 22, Cal OSHA, etc.
- Proficiency using email, Word, Excel, and Internet resources
- Willingness to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
Must have a car, driver’s license and insurance; cell phone with email capability.
For more information about NUHW, go to our website at www.NUHW.org.
Compensation: Salary $99,445 plus $6,000 auto allowance, employer paid medical and dental benefits for employee and family; life insurance for employee; holidays, sick leave, vacation; HRA and FSA plans; 401(k) with 14% employer contribution.
How to Apply
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put your beliefs and skills into action. Apply today and be part of making history!
NUHW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply.