Union Representative/Organizer – Orange County
The National Union of Healthcare Workers (NUHW) is searching for a talented, hard-working individual committed to building a powerful and democratic union. The successful candidate for this position will have union experience, preferably in healthcare, organizing workers already represented under collective bargaining agreements. S/he will be values-driven, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Ability to motivate and lead workers in struggle
- Fluency in Spanish and English preferred
- Effective communication skills – listening, oral and written
- Capacity to establish and cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of labor law in areas such as NLRA, FLSA, Title 22, Cal OSHA, etc.
- 2 year minimum experience in labor organizing
- Formal and informal negotiating skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including email, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and use of the Internet
- Willingness to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
Must have a car, driver’s license and insurance; cell phone with email capability.
For more information about NUHW, go to our website at NUHW.org.
Salary $54,000-94,000 plus $6,000 auto allowance, employer paid medical and dental benefits for employee and family; life insurance for employee; holidays, sick leave, vacation; HRA and FSA plans; 401(k) with 14% employer contribution.
How to apply
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.