Digital Organizer/Social Media Manager
Do you believe in the power of social media to create change? Are you an activist with strong persuasive writing skills? Do you want to use your writing and design skills to develop social and economic justice campaigns that help improve the lives of workers and their families?
The National Union of Healthcare Workers seeks a creative and experienced Digital Organizer/Social Media Manager to take the union’s digital communications to the next level. This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to take the lead in building the union’s social media program and further developing its digital communications portfolio.
The National Union of Healthcare Workers is helping revitalize the labor movement with its commitment to worker empowerment and democratic ideals.
Founded in 2009, we have grown to represent more than 14,000 mental health clinicians, nurses, nursing assistants, medical technicians, clerks, and service workers. NUHW members are leading the fight to improve patient care, raise living standards, and hold healthcare corporations accountable to their employees and the communities they serve. And NUHW-represented mental health clinicians are powerful advocates for ending the stigma surrounding mental illness, and enforcing mental health parity rules so that patients get the treatment they need when they need it.
Our growing communications team captures and amplifies the stories of NUHW members who are on the front lines fighting to better their lives and the lives of their patients. The team works collaboratively to craft compelling content that educates, inspires, engages, and pushes people to take action to fix America’s broken healthcare system.
The Digital Organizer/Social Media Manager will work closely with the communications team and field organizers to build and manage communities on priority social media platforms, develop NUHW’s social media marketing and advocacy campaigns, train union organizers in the use of social media and other digital communications tools, and increase the union’s online influence and engagement. The Digital Organizer/Social Media Manager will also play a key role in building the union’s brand by developing themes and content that convey the stories of our union and its members.
The Digital Organizer/Social Media Manager will work in our Emeryville office.
- Create and share strategic content: Create written and graphic stories of member victories for contract and advocacy campaigns and evergreen branding and marketing materials and share them across priority platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and the NUHW blog.
- Grow and engage with digital communities: Grow NUHW’s digital audiences across platforms by posting and engaging daily, as well as planning and executing paid advertising campaigns to increase visibility and engagement for member contract and advocacy campaigns. Track and report regularly on key performance metrics to demonstrate improved engagement and growth.
- Track industry best practices: Serve as the in-house expert on social media trends and best practices, including identifying priority platforms and advising on strategies for improving NUHW’s reach, relevance, and influence across those platforms.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience using social media in advocacy campaigns and to increase an organization’s reach, relevance, and influence.
- Fluency in social media performance metrics and Facebook Insights and Ads Manager, as well as exposure to social media management tools.
- Creativity and the ability to generate ideas and execute them.
- Ability to manage workflow and to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to support union organizers and members in the use of social media.
- A passion for social justice and advocacy.
- Basic photography and design skills.
- Intermediate or advanced photography and design skills.
- Experience with WordPress or equivalent.
- Fluency in a second language (ideally Spanish, Tagalog, or Chinese).
Salary $54,000 – $78,000 depending on experience, plus employer-paid medical and dental benefits for employee and family; FSA and HRA plans; life insurance for employee; holidays, sick leave, vacation; 401(k) with 14% employer contribution.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com.
NUHW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply.